Howdy, thanks for reading this directive on the application procedures of the Agricultural Research Council of Nigeria. Before we dive into the process of the application, ensure that you also check out the Cocoa Research Institute of Nigeria job vacancy for graduates and undergraduates.
ARCN – Fully known as the Agricultural Research Council of Nigeria is a very paramount agency in the country. They are a leading force in the revolution of the Agricultural sector in the country. With numerous workers across their different branches all over Nigeria, this agency leads the way for all other agricultural agencies and research organizations.
Navigate This Post
About The Agricultural Research Council of Nigeria (ARCN)
The Agricultural Research Council of Nigeria, popularly known as ARCN, was set up to ensure that there are less starving people, poverty is reduced and sustainability of agricultural growth is ensured in Nigeria.
Food security is the major focus of this agency and if this is achieved, every other mission will definitely be achieved.
The Mission Of ARCN
The primary mission of;
- Promote and encourage innovations and in agricultural research and foster interest of individuals and agencies that may be of support.
- Achieve significant improvements in the production of Agricultural goods and services, as well as the marketing of Agricultural products, by generating appropriate technologies and policy options.
- Come up with up-to-date, world standard, and dynamic agricultural researches in a bid to lift and improve the Nigerian Agricultural potential.
Requirements For The 2020 ARCN Recruitment
The requirement for this year’s Agricultural Research Council of Nigeria (ARCN) recruitment exercise differs depending on which category you wish to apply for.
The updated vacant positions under the ARCN job vacancies have been highlighted below and this should give you an understanding of the application procedures and help you select which category best suits you.
Positions Available For the 2020 ARCN Recruitment
Position 1: The Executive Director / Chief Executive Officer
The position of the Executive Director is very exquisite and requires experience, exposure, and dedication. If you get employed in this position, you need to understand that this is a lot of commitment. Research and Administrative Head of the Agricultural Institute and you will be charged with the responsibility of an administrative manager and leader of the ARCN.
The position of the chief Executive offer lasts for only five years then a reshuffle ensues. After the five-year tenure, the office will be vacant for a little while then a hand-over will happen right after someone is deemed fit to handle the position.
Requirement For The Position Of The ARCN Executive Director
- Leadership and group management is a necessity. Love for agriculture backed with a burning desire to push the agency to greater heights and develop a love for the job in subordinates.
- Applicant must have a clear vision of where the agency will be in five years; outlining the expected achievements provided he/she receives the resources they need.
- A PhD Level degree is needed for in agriculture or any science-related discipline.
- A prove of working experience with a similar organization must be presented or a certificate that confirms that he or she has Extensive Research Experience.
- You must not be over 60 years old at the time of application.
Position 2 | The Assistant Director
The job of the Assistant director just like the name suggests is to assist the Executive Director of the ARCN. When the Executive Director is absent or fixed up, the assistant is required to show up. Planning for the future if the agency and taking actions are done by the collaborative effort of both of them as head figures in the agency.
Requirements For The Position Of The ARCN Assistant Director
- The age requirement for the Assistant Director Position is from ages 25 – 60. If you are older than 60, there is no need to apply because you will be disqualified.
- You will be required to present your birth certificate to prove your real age.
- This position is only available in very few states and branches of this organization. This means that you can only be employed for this position in your state. E.g if you are from Lagos, you can only be an assistant director in Lagos.
- Administrative skills and team management and control skills must be available in the individual.
- Applicants must have a Certificate of BSc, HND, or an NCE, in any related course, and from a renowned institution.
How To Apply For The ARCN Recruitment
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV) is needed; ensure that it is very professional and presented appropriately. Ensure that that the contact details(phone number and email address) you include in the CV are functional and accessible by yourself.
- All candidates are requested to submit Twelve (12) typewritten copies of their Curriculum Vitae, as well as one (1) electronic copy on CD of their Curriculum Vitae.
- Scanned copies of all the original documents.
- A minimum of three referees is required to send their reports to the address below.
- All applications and referees reports should be marked “Confidential Application” at the top left corner of the envelope. Address your letter to;
The Executive Secretary,
Agricultural Research Council of Nigeria (ARCN),
Agricultural Research House,
Plot 2230 Cadastral Zone 86, Mabushi,
P.M.B. 5026, Wuse,
For more information on this recruitment, visit the official ARCN portal; www.arcn.gov.ng or www.linkedin.com
The Agricultural Research Council of Nigeria (ARCN) recruitment application form for the year 2020 has not been made available for the public to participate in.
Candidates are advised to visit the links we gave above or wait to receive information online or through media channels.