The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is currently recruiting qualified and capable, national candidates from ECOWAS Member States. This article has been written to guide interested candidates in their job application. Read on to learn about the available jobs positions, job application deadline, and form portal as well as step by step instructions on how to access the form and other related details.
Navigate This Post
What You Need To Know About ECOWAS
The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) was created on 28 May 1975. It is a regional intergovernmental organization formed by the following fifteen (15) Member States: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Côte d’Ivoire, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo. Its Headquarters is in Abuja, Nigeria and its official working languages are: English, French and Portuguese.
Its aim is to create a borderless region where the population has access to its abundant resources and is able to exploit the same through the creation of opportunities under a sustainable environment.
ECOWAS Available Jobs
Some of the available jobs in ECOWAS are:
- Junior Accountant, Community Levy Analysis & Reconciliation
- Procurement Officer, Goods, Physical Services & Works
- Junior Accountant, Financial Reporting
- Research & Markets Officer
- Programme Officer, Border Management
- Protocol Assistant – Travels
- Principal Programme Officer – Competition and Economic Research Analysis
- Project Driver
- Individual Consultant – ECOWAS Commission Stores
- Principal Program Officer, Information and Communication
- Officer, Community Decisions Monitoring and Coordination
- Principal Programme Officer
- Communication Officer
- Director of External Relations
- Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
- Office Manager (Bilingual Secretaries)
- Project Office Assistant
- Consultant – Fleet Management Policy
- Protocol manager
- Research Officer
- Director, Administration & General Services
- Translator (French A, English C, Portuguese C)
- Translator (French A, English C)
- Translator (Portuguese A, French C, English C)
- Revisor (Portuguese)
- Revisor (English)
- Consular Officer
Applicants should note that the job will be based on merit and given to the most suitable and qualified candidates.
Interested candidates must possess the following requirements for the 2020 Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) recruitment;
- Candidates must be a Nigerian citizen by birth and origin.
- Applicants must not be older than of 35 years of age.
- Applicants must be able to speak and communicate effectively.
- Interested applicants must not have a past criminal record.
- Candidates must be healthy, and must not be physically challenged.
- Candidate must be very innovative and possess good analytical skills.
- Candidate should know how to use basic computer applications including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Power Point, Microsoft Access and other Web applications.
- Candidates must present a sound health certificate by the Government Medical Officer, to prove he/she is physically, mentally and psychologically balanced.
- Applicants with good working experience are encouraged.
ECOWAS Job Educational Qualifications
- A BSc, HND, NCE or OND with good grade division obtained from an accredited institution is required.
- NYSC Discharge Certificate or Exception Letter.
- Senior Secondary School Certificate or West Africa Examination Certificate (WAEC) with at least 3 credits including English Language and Mathematics. Alternatively, the candidate should be able to present a National Examination Council Certificate (NECO) or GCE with 4 passes obtained in one sitting or at least 5 credits obtained in not more than 2 sittings.
How to Apply for the Recruitment
Applicants are requested to visit the ECOWAS website regularly, www.ecowas.int where the positions will be published regularly and apply as follows:
- Download the application form by clicking on the link in parentheses (JOB APPLICATION FORM) and fill it out correctly.
- Attach a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a motivation letter;
- Send all the above mentioned documents to the related e-mail addresses.
The closing date for application is the 13th of September 2020. It is worthy of note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Good luck!