The Federal Fire Service was founded in 1963 and is a paramilitary organisation created to prevent and combat fire outbreaks in the country under the Supervision of the Minister of the Federal Ministry of Interior Affairs, Nigeria.
Have a look at the complete guide which holds information on the Federal Fire Service recruitment 2020. This article throws more light on the requirements, steps by step application procedures as well as other important updates.
Navigate This Post
Federal Fire Service Recruitment Requirements And Positions Available For Application
This category provides the services of superintendent cadres. If you are aiming to become a superintendent, then you should know about the available vacant positions:
- Assistant Superintendent of Fire II: A candidate is expected to have bagged a Bachelor’s degree from any recognised University. An equivalent degree from other tertiary institutions is also applicable.
- Assistant Superintendent of Fire I: This position requires the applicant to possess a Master Degree from any of the recognized universities. Membership in a professional body is also required.
This category provides the requirements for the inspectorate cadres in the country.
Assistant Inspector of Fire: Advanced NABTEB, NCE and National Diploma from recognized institution is obligatory for applicants to possess.
- Inspector of Fire Nursing: An applicant must have trained and become a registered nurse and midwife from a recognised institution.
- Senior Inspector of Fire: Candidates must possess a diploma of higher education from one of the recognized Universities or polytechnics.
This category provides the requirements for the assistant cadres in Nigeria. If you are interested in being one of them, then the following vacant positions might interest you.
- Fire Assistant III: An applicant must have NECO/SSCE, GCE Ordinary Level or the equivalent of these certificates with a minimum of five credits (Mathematics and English included) obtained at not more than two sittings.
- Fire Assistant II: Candidates must present NECO/SSCE, GCE Ordinary Level or the equivalent of these certificates with a minimum of five credits (Mathematics and English included) obtained at not more than two sittings.
General Federal Fire Service Recruitment Requirements
- All applicants must be inherent citizens of Nigeria by birth.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 30 years.
- Good character is necessary for applicants as it would be needed when serving the country.
- All applicants must not have any criminal records.
- An applicant must not be a member of a cult or secret society and must not be a drug addict.
- Minimum height required for male applicants is 165 cm. For female candidates, the minimum required height is is 160 cm.
How To Apply For Nigerian Fire Service Recruitment
Application is usually done online. All applicants are required to visit the portal fedfire.gov.ng for registration. Then they can log in and submit their application.
Multiple applications attract disqualification. Applicants are required to submit only one application and apply for only one job application.
Application is free and no fee is required for any part of the application process. Candidates who provide false information or forged documents will be automatically disqualified and made to face the wrath of the law.
NB: The Nigerian Fire Service recruitment has NOT yet commenced.
This page will be updated as soon as any information regarding this recruitment is announced. Kindly bookmark us for easy access and visit frequently to stay updated. You could also leave your email address in the comment section below to receive updates via email.