This article contains all you need to know about the Federal Inland Revenue Service, please go through it carefully to have a full understanding of the information in it.
Federal Inland Revenue is a tax or duty imposed on citizens of Nigeria, organizations as well as government agencies. The income obtained is used in funding development projects in the country. It also used in funding government schemes. The FIRS is the agency responsible for assessing, collecting, and accounting for taxes to the Government. They also ensure provision of tax education to tax payers and prosecute tax defaulters as provided by the law.
The attributes FIRS requires from applicants:
- Proficiency and expertise
The Federal Inland Revenue Service is looking to fill up vacant positions in their agency. A number of qualifications and requirements are expected of candidates in order to get recruited. Candidates who have all these qualifications demonstrate that they are able to handle the position, its operations and can also sustain and maintain the agency’s excellence.
Navigate This Post
General Requirements For The FIRS Recruitment
A Bachelor’s degree and a Master’s Degree in any of the following courses;
- Banking and Finance
- Computer Science
*Do not worry if you attended a polytechnic or college, application with a higher national diploma in any of the listed courses above is acceptable.
- Computer literacy is a must for all applicants. They should be able to handle Microsoft office applications such as MS-Word, Excel and must also be able to use web applications like Google Chrome.
- Applicants must also be able to work as a regulator and have the boldness to ensure that the law is fully complied with.
- Possession of Analytical skills is also a necessity for candidates.
- It is required that candidates be knowledgeable in the Nigerian Tax Laws as well as the mandate and operations with which the FIRS enforces taxation laws in the country.
- Familiarity and information of environment where taxpayers operate their businesses/ industries is also necessary for candidates.
Federal Inland Revenue Service Recruitment Descriptions/Responsibilities
- Raising additional assessment while inspecting tax returns.
- Overseeing officers answerable for the assessment of individual businesses, companies, partnerships, trusts, estates, concerns etc.
- Ensuring consistent application of tax laws, regulations and information circulars.
- The successful candidate should be able to understand numbers and do arithmetic, must be highly organized and have strong interpersonal skills to support and stand in for the team both internally and externally, where and when necessary.
- Interested candidates must have knowledge in business and commerce and should know how to interpret strategies and business numbers for profit derivation in tax accounting.
- It is required that candidates be able to work without supervision in some conditions. Due to the nature of the work, most positions require someone who needs little or no supervision to meet deadlines and set goals.
- Members of relevant institution(s) in the financial industry will have the added advantage of being specially considered.
Applying For The FIRS 2020 Job Recruitment – Follow The Steps
- Login to FIRS.GOV.NG
- Login with your email address if you already have an account with them.
- If you do not already have an account with them, please register and input your email address.
- Next, login to your email address and verify your account by clicking on the link enclosed in the email that will be sent by the Federal Inland Revenue Service.
- After verifying your email account, login to your account on the FIRS website, fill the form and submit your application.
- An email confirming that your application has been received will be sent to you subsequently.