The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) is the air branch of the Nigerian Armed Forces and is one of the largest in Africa, consisting of about 15,000 personnel. The organization of the air force has been fashioned to meet current requirements of the service and the defence needs of the country.
The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) is responsible for regulating the control and maintenance of the air passages and security. The NAF was officially established by a statutory Act of Parliament in April 1964 and has the following mission:
To ensure the integrity of the airspace by gaining and maintaining control of the air while retaining a credible capacity to fulfill other airpower tasks demanded by national defence and security imperatives. It has four (4) main purposes, viz;
- To achieve a full complement of the military defence system of the Federal Republic of Nigeria both in the air and on the ground.
- To ensure a fast versatile mobility of the Armed Forces.
- To provide close support for the ground-based and sea borne forces in all phases of operations and to ensure the territorial integrity of a united Nigeria.
- To give the country the deserved prestige that is invaluable in international matters.
Navigate This Post
- 1 NAF Recruitment Application Form Portal And Guidleines For Getting Form
- 2 Vacant Positions In The Nigerian Airforce
- 3 Requirements Necessary To Apply For The Nigerian Air Force Job Vacancy
- 4 Educational Requirements
- 5 Nigerian Air Force 2020 Post-recruitment Screening
- 6 Centers For Screening
- 7 Applying For The Airforce Recruitment
- 8 More Job Vacancies
NAF Recruitment Application Form Portal And Guidleines For Getting Form
To get all the details on how you can apply for the Nigerian Air force job for 2020/2021, continue reading.
If you hope to get recruited into the NAF, you will certainly need a lot more than luck. You must be prepared and follow all the instructions that has been given by the Nigerian Air Force.
The qualifications and requirements you will need as well as the guidelines and application links have been provided in the latter part of this article.
Vacant Positions In The Nigerian Airforce
- Air Chief Marshal
- Air Vice-Marshal
- Air Commodore
- Group Captain
- Wing Commander
- Flying Officer
- Flight Lieutenant
- Pilot Officer
- Non-Tradesmen/ Women
Requirements Necessary To Apply For The Nigerian Air Force Job Vacancy
- The minimum height required is 1.68m for males and 1.65m for females.
- Applicants need to be Nigerian citizen by birth.
- Applicants must be between the age of 23 and 28 by January 2021.
- Applicants must not have criminal conviction(s) from court of law in their history.
- Applicants must be medically and physically fit.
- Applicant must produce their valid birth certificate from the National Population Commission, hospital or Local Government Council or a valid age declaration.
- Recommendation letter or letter of attestation from parent or guardian.
- A local government attestation letter.
- Candidates must not have tattoos on their body.
- Candidates must not be members of any cult/secret society/fraternity.
- Two very recent passport photographs (between the space of six months from application)
- Certification of origin (come with the original copies)
- Original copies of all requested documents or credentials.
- Applicants must possess ND (with minimum of Lower Credit), NABTEB, RN/RM/NCE or City & Guild Certificate.
- Applicants must have at least a BSc and not less than Second Class Lower Division or HND not less than Lower Credit for Arts, Sciences or Humanities from accredited institution of learning.
- Candidates must have finished NYSC, have their NYSC discharge certificate or a valid certificate of exemption.
Please note that recruitment/enlistment into the NAF is FREE.
Nigerian Air Force 2020 Post-recruitment Screening
After application is finished, there will be a screening exercise held in the various centers. Please study the list below to know the centers closest to you.
Centers For Screening
- Lagos: Sam Ethnan Air Force Base, Ikeja – Lagos.
- Enugu: 113, Helicopter Combat Training Group Nigerian Air Force Enugu.
- Bauchi: Nigerian Air Force Base.
- Sokoto: 119 Forward Operation Base Mabera, Sokoto.
- Yola: 103 Strike Group, Nigerian Air Force.Port Harcourt: 115 Special Operations Group Nigerian air Force Port Harcourt.
- Maiduguri: 105 Composite Group Nigerian Air Force.
- Kaduna: Nigerian Air Force Base, Kawo – Kaduna.
- Makurdi: Nigerian Air Force Base.
- Kano: 403 Flying Training School, Kano.
- Jos: 451 Nigerian Air Force Station.
- Benin: 107 Air Maritime Group, Nigerian Air Force Benin.
- Ilorin: 303 MAG, Nigerian Air Force.
- Ipetu-Ijesha: Nigerian Air Force Institute of Safety, Ipetu-Ijesha.
Applying For The Airforce Recruitment
Upon release of the notification for the start of the Air Force job vacancies replacement, selection and availability of application forms, there may be slight changes in requirements a little different from what we have here. You are not worry. Refer to Nigerian Airforce portal: airforce.mil.ng for more information.
- If you are an interested and qualified candidate, go ahead and apply online for recruitment at army.mil.ng
- Choose the course you are qualified for
- Apply for it. Application is free.
- You will need to upload documents like Passport Photograph, Educational certificates, Evidence of membership any professional body, Certificate of State of Origin, Birth certificate or age declaration in the required field.
- Applicants must print out their online generated photo-slip after completing the application.
Check back often for updates concerning the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) job exercise.