The Nigerian Army Recruitment 2020 Application Form and guidelines.
The Nigerian army as known to most people is the largest military force in the country. Respected by everyone due to their dedication and sacrifices on behalf of the country and the peace of its citizens.
Due to the nature of their operations and quality of salary, there are thousands of applications waiting to apply whenever there are advertised vacancies in the Nigeria Army.
With data drawn from the previous years, you need to have certain qualities and features in order to stand a chance in the selection of the recruitment board for this job vacancy.
These sets of requirements and guidelines are what we will layout for you in this article. We will link you to the application form and portal for online registration for the Nigerian-army recruitment.
Navigate This Post
- 1 Nigerian Army Recruitment 2020/2021 Selection Guideline for Applicants
- 2 Vacant Positions in The Nigerian Army Recruitment Exercise
- 3 General Requirements for the Nigerian Army Recruitment
- 4 Terms of Service Of The Nigerian Army
- 5 How to apply for the Nigerian Army Recruitment Exercise
- 6 Required Documents for Nigerian Army Recruitment 2020
- 7 Items needed for the Job Screening:
- 8 Trending Jobs In Nigeria
Nigerian Army Recruitment 2020/2021 Selection Guideline for Applicants
If you are an interested applicant for the Nigerian Army recruitment, read this up-to-date guideline to be shortlisted for this recruitment exercise.
Eligible Nigerians should fill out the application forms and submit them o the registration website.
Nigerian Army Recruitment portal 2020 – army.mil.ng
Vacant Positions in The Nigerian Army Recruitment Exercise
All the vacant positions listed on this guide are open to both civilians and military personnel already serving in the army. Ensure that when applying, you select the position that fits your standing in the society and as a military man, only apply for positions for the military.
|Vacant Positions In The Army||Requirements|
|1. Electrical Engineer||a minimum of BSc or HND in Electrical Electronics with other relevant trade qualification from government-approved institutions.|
|2. Aeronautical Engineer||Applicants must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Aeronautical Engineering, with other relevant trade qualification from government-approved institutions.
Candidates Must have at least two years of working experience.
|3. Mechanical Engineer||Applicants should have at least a Bachelors’ degree in Mechanical Engineering.
Applicants should also have at least 2 years of work experience.
|4. Directorate of Army Physical Training||Higher institutional degree in any of the following courses:
Physical and health education
Physiotherapy and Human kinetics
|5. Fire Fighter||Candidates must have a Higher institutional degree in Chemistry or physics.
In addition to this, they must also have an NCAA approved licensed for firefighting.
|6. Air Traffic Controller||B. Sc. in Geography, Physics, or Mathematics with NCAA approved Air Traffic Control License.|
|7. Directorate of Islamic Affairs||Possess a relevant college degree in Arabic and Islamic studies from either of the universities listed below:
· Azhar University
· Cairo University
· Saudi University
For this position, you must present a testimony of excellent character from a renowned religious organization in the country.
The applicant must be fluent in English speaking.
|8. Directorate of Army Public Relations||Applicants must possess a minimum of B.Sc degree or HND in Radio Operation and Performance, Graphics Design, Public Relations, Journalism, Printing, Radio, and Television Broadcasting and Advertising.|
|9. Directorate of Chaplain Services||Bachelor’s degree in any Christian religious related discipline from a well-respected university or theology college. Core seminarian discipline must be awarded from Seminaries/Universities recognized by the Nigerian Army Protestant.|
General Requirements for the Nigerian Army Recruitment
All candidates must meet the stated requirements below in order to be selected for this job offer.
- Candidates must be Nigerians and follow the constitution of Nigeria.
- All intending applicants must be between the ages of 20 and 30. Only the position of the medical consultant will accept individuals over 30 years up to 39.
- Physical and mental fitness is a compulsion following the Nigerian Army Standard.
- No tattoos, inscriptions on the body or body piercings will be accepted.
- A letter from your former employer will be of great help to boost your chances.
- You will be asked to present a “certificate of state of origin” that is appropriately signed by the Local government authorities.
- Height requirement for the male applicants is 1.68m while that of the female applicants is 1.
- Clear criminal records are a compulsion for civilians and for active military men you must be free from all disciplinary cases.
- A first degree certificate in the required fields is compulsory for applicants. This certificates must have been awarded from 2009 till now or else will be rejected.
- A duly signed birth certificate or an age declaration certificate must be presented. For the birth certificate; it must be endorsed by the National Population Commission, Hospital of birth or Local Government Council.
- Candidates must present all original copies of their educational certificates from Primary to Tertiary educational level.
- A recommendation is required from all applicants for this job offer. You must be recommended by at least two top hierarchy government officials who can attest to your lifestyle and character.
Please ensure that your referees are properly represented with their names and contact information. There must not be any family ties between you and the individual.
Who can be your referee?
- Referees could be a Local Government Chairman/Secretary, an officer of the Armed Forces not below the rank of a Lieutenant Colonel or an Assistant Commissioner of Police and equivalent who must hail from the state of the applicant.
- Ensure that you attach the passport of both referees alongside their letters of attestation.
For Active serving military personnel, you must possess the following;
- A valid identity card presented to you by the military
- Letters of recommendation by your Commanding Officers,
- They must have been in service for more than 5 years.
- Applicants must not be linked with any cult or fraternity.
Terms of Service Of The Nigerian Army
The duration of the recruitment for the Direct Short Service Commission of the Nigerian Army is 15 years.
- After the first 8 years, there is a renewable contract that is dependent on your behavior and self-conduct throughout the duration of the first contract.
- The second contract lasts for 7 years and altogether makes it 15(fifteen) years.
- All graduating officer cadets must sign an acceptance on the terms and conditions governing the Direct Short Service Commission before they are granted commission into the Nigerian Army.
Please Note: Those applying as Medical Consultant Officers on successful completion of military training will be granted the rank of a Major.
Likewise, those who apply for Officer Cadets; on successful completion of the military training shall be granted the rank of Lieutenant with no advantage of seniority.
How to apply for the Nigerian Army Recruitment Exercise
Submitting your applications is the only way you will be recognized as an applicant for the recruitment of citizens into the Nigerian Army in the year 2020.
IN order to apply for any of the enlisted job vacancies in this year’s army job selection, please follow the steps outlined below carefully and ensure you are strictly following the guidelines.
Follow these steps below accordingly:
- Go to the recruitment website: https://army.mil.ng
- Go through the qualification section in order to envisage what position is best for you to apply.
- Click on the “Homepage link”
- Select between DSSC (Direct Short Service Commission) and SSC(Short service commission) application type.
- Click on ‘Register’ Link. Fill in all the required details correctly following the instructions on the website.
- Once registration is successful, you will receive a confirmation email to signal that you have successfully registered
- Click on the ‘Login’ link provided through the link in the mail to fill in the application form.
- Upload a profile picture or passport in your profile.
- Upload a soft copy or scanned copy of your educational degree and certificates. Every required educational qualification must be uploaded from the primary level to the tertiary level.
- Upload/Edit supporting Documents (Attach your Certificates here).
- Print your photo cards as instructed on the portal.
The First Page of print out will need to be signed by a recognized court of law of your choice while the second page must be signed by the Chairman/Secretary of your Local Government or any military officer of the rank of Lieutenant Colonel, above or equivalent who is from your State of Origin.
Successfully shortlisted candidates must present their printed photo-slip to the recruitment board of the Nigerian Army during the interview process.
Required Documents for Nigerian Army Recruitment 2020
- Passport photograph.
- Evidence of membership of any professional body.
- Certificate of state of origin.
- Educational certificates.
- Birth certificate or age declaration.
- Print out the online generated photo-slip on the completion of your application.
- To check if you have been successfully shortlisted for the Nigerian Army job, please use the application number that was awarded to you after your application was completed to check for the status of your application.
Items needed for the Job Screening:
The following materials/certificates are required from you when appearing for the screening exercise of the Nigerian Army 2020 recruitment.
- National Identity card/slip
- Blue shorts
- White canvas
- White socks
- White vest
- Scratch cards for online verification of result (WASSEC/GCE/NECO/NABTEB)
- Writing materials
- File jacket
- Original and photocopies of the credentials
- Passports and full size 5 x 7 photographs