Nigerian Prisons Service Recruitment / Application Portal – With a lot of two-sided information being shared around the media with regards to the NPS 2020 job vacancies, it is very important we write this guideline for our readers.
In order to get this job you need to;
- Submit an application on the recruitment portal
- Possess all required qualifications
- Appear for the screening exercise
- Start working with the Nigerian Prisons Service.
NPS – Nigerian Prisons Service is the agency set by the Federal Government to take control and maintain prison laws and reforms. The N.P.S has branches in the 36 states of the federation and their headquarters is located in the country capital.
Sectors of the Nigerian Prison Service recruiting?
Below are the departments under the NPS that are accepting applications for vacant jobs:
- Administration and Supplies.
- Works and Logistics.
- Health and Social Welfare.
- Finance and Budget.
- Inmates Training and Productivity.
The recruitment for the Nigerian Prisons Service recruitment has always been done on the recruitment portal and will not change this year.
The website (www.prisons.gov.ng) is the website for this year’s recruitment. Please take note and read more to get full details on how you can submit your details and qualify for this job offer.
Navigate This Post
First Class: Superintendent Cadre:
- Deputy Superintendent of Prisons
- Superintendent of Prisons (SP) Medical
- Assistant Superintendent of Prisons II
- Superintendent of Prisons (SP) Veterinary
- Assistant Superintendent of Prisons I
Second Class: Inspectorate Cadre:
- Assistant Inspector of Prisons
- Senior Inspector of Prisons
- Inspector of Prisons (IP) Nursing
Third Class: Assistant Cadre:
- Prisons Assistant I
- Prisons Assistant II
- Prison Assistant III
Note: So we do not serve you wrong information, always ensure that you login to the NPS recruitment website to confirm all information regarding jobs and available vacancies for the year because there might be slight changes.
Basic Requirements for the Nigerian Prisons Service Recruitment
Learn the required qualifications that all applicants need to possess in order to stand a chance to be employed;
- A higher education degree certificate awarded from a University or Polytechnic. In other words, a BSc or HND is needed for this job position.
- Applicants are required to have an SSCE, GCE or NECO certificate with a minimum of five credits with Mathematics and English being compulsory subjects.
- No inscriptions on the skin (tattoos or implants) will be allowed. Candidates will undergo a scan during the screening for the Job.
- Certificate of wellness given to you by a federal medical staff after all necessary tests have been carried out.
How to Apply for Nigerian Prisons Service Recruitment 2020/2021 (NPS)
The whole selection for the Nigerian Prisons is done online via the web portal we indicated above.
What you will get when you visit www.prisons.gov.ng
- An application form to fill in your details
- The job vacancies are available for applicants with links that show you the requirements and qualifications.
- Space to submit your documents to confirm all details you have filled in and many more.
Follow the steps below to apply for the NPS recruitment 2020:
- Log in to website recruit.prisonsportal.com.ng/recruit
- Create an account if you do not already have one
- Confirm your account details by clicking the link in your email
- After confirmation, Re-enter your login details
- Input all the required data in the exact form you are asked to. This will ensure that you do not get dropped when the applications are being reviewed.
- On submission of the form, you will be required to print out a reference from and ensure the form gets filled by referees who can vouch for your skills.
This done to ensure that you will be of best behavior throughout your working tenure in the agency; your referees will be contacted anytime your behavior is queried.
The referee form must be filled by government workers at higher stages or your local government chairman.
What is the Nigerian Prisons Service 2020 recruitment deadline?
The NPS portal for the recruitment exercise in the year 2020 is slated to close at exactly six weeks from opening. With this information, try to fill in all your applications during this period.
Once the portal is shut down, you will not be able to submit your applications. The portal is available once every year to all interested applicants and will take another year for it to be open again unless there is an urgent need to recruit skilled individuals for the Nigerian Prisons Service.