If you are looking to work with the West Africa Examination Council (WAEC) and need information about the qualifications and requirements needed for this job then you are in the right place. Here you will find information about the job vacancies, requirements, how to go about application and more. Keep reading to get authentic information about the 2020 WAEC recruitment.
The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) is a very popular sub-regional examination board saddled with the responsibility of conducting necessary examinations in the English-speaking West African countries like Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana, South Africa, Cameroun and to provide comparable certificates for equivalent examinations of the International Examination Officers.
Vacant positions in the WAEC are shortlisted below.
Navigate This Post
- 1 Related Job Vacancies For You
- 2 Positions Available For The WAEC Recruitment
- 3 Requirements For The 2020 WAEC Recruitment
- 4 Required Attributes For The West African Council Examination Recruitment
- 5 Salary And Conditions Of Service
- 6 How To Apply For West Africa Examination Council Recruitment 2020
- 7 Application Requirement Summary
Related Job Vacancies For You
Positions Available For The WAEC Recruitment
- Database Administrator II
- Mechanical Engineer II
- Electrical Engineer II
- Computer Hardware Maintenance Engineer II
- Quantity Surveyor II
- Accountant II
- Application Programmer II
- Assistant Registrar II (Hausa)
- Assistant Registrar II (Psychology)
- Assistant Registrar II (Garment Making and Clothing & Textile)
- Assistant Registrar II – Mechanical Subjects
- Assistant Registrar II (Basic Electricity)
- Assistant Registrar II (Mathematics)
- Assistant Registrar II (English Language/Literature-In-English)
- Assistant Registrar II (French)
- Assistant Registrar II (Arabic)
- Human Resource Management Officer II
- Assistant Registrar II (Geography)
- Assistant Registrar II (Marketing and Store Management)
- Assistant Registrar II (Economics)
- Assistant Registrar II (Physics)
- Assistant Registrar II (Civil Subjects) Woodwork, Furniture Making and Upholstery
- Assistant Registrar II (Business Studies)
- Assistant Registrar II (Biology)
- Assistant Registrar II (History)
Requirements For The 2020 WAEC Recruitment
- Interested candidates must have obtained a Bachelor’s Degree with at least Second Class Lower Division from any renowned university in the afore mentioned disciplines.
- Applicants must have at least three (3) years post-NYSC teaching experience.
- Candidates with a higher degree in Evaluation and Educational Measurement would be given special consideration.
Required Attributes For The West African Council Examination Recruitment
If you are interested in applying for the 2020 WAEC Recruitment, you must:
- Be self-motivated and confident. You must also be able to write good reports, be a good analyst and a good at reviewing research reports.
- Be an approachable and interactive person with good inter-personal skills, must be a good team player who would be able to adapt to change.
- Be consistent and committed in your work being able to work extra hours with little or no supervision.
- Be capable of analysis and have good communication skills.
- Not be older than forty (40) years of age.
- Be able to implement ideas successfully and must be flexible enough, must also be a good organizer and planner.
- Be knowledgeable about web-based systems and be able to use personal computers and Microsoft office software packages.
- All interested applicants must have at least five (5) credits in SSCE/WASSCE in courses including English Language and Mathematics at a single sitting or six (6) credits at not more than two (2) sittings in courses including English Language and Mathematics.
Salary And Conditions Of Service
The WAEC Council offers very attractive salary to their workers. Workers point of entry into the salary scales will be solely determined on qualifications and experience. Successful applicants will benefit from very good remuneration packages that are in line with the WAEC Council’s Conditions of Service and will also be given opportunities of full career development within the organisation.
How To Apply For West Africa Examination Council Recruitment 2020
- Visit the WAEC Recruitment portal – recruitment.waec.com.ng
- If you are a new user to the system, click the “Are you a new user? Register” link
- Complete registration then go to “user access verification page” when the page opens (this is located at the bottom of the page).
- Once registration process is completed, a “Verification Code” would be sent to the email address you made use of during registration. The “Verification Code” should be used to verify your account or you could follow the instructions sent to your email address or make use of the “click here” button
- After you have successfully registered and verified a user account, click on the “Sign In” button after entering your login details and to have full access.
- View the list of available vacancies on the “Vacancy Page”, view the details of the job you are interested in and click the “Apply for this Position” button.
- Following the guidelines, fill out the application form and submit.
- Print out a copy of the filled application form to take with you.
Application Requirement Summary
- Scanned passport photograph with size between 7kb to 30kb and dimension of 275 x 314 pixels
- Educational qualifications (primary, secondary and tertiary certificates obtained must be uploaded after being scanned). Size of uploaded certificates must be between 50kb to 120kb and dimension of the scanned documents must be between 400 x 600pixels to 1200 x 1500pixels.
- Upload scanned copies of Professional certificates where applicable.
- Scanned National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) certificate must be uploaded, but if not available, and exemption letter should be uploaded in it’s place, and the letter size should be between 50kb to 120kb.
- Scanned documents of Employment history (name of employer, position or post held, responsibilities and duration of employment) should be uploaded.
- A minimum of three (3) references is required.
Note that you must have created a user account, verified the user account and logged in order to apply for a position successfully. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.